The Hudson River Valley Greenway is a state agency that helps communities preserve their resources such as:
- recreational resources
The Greenway encourages economic development.
Communities voluntarily work with the Greenway and maintain local control over land use. The Greenway has the following goals:
- Natural Resource Protection
- Cultural Resource Protection
- Regional Planning
- Economic Development
- Public Access
- Heritage Education
- Environmental Education
Communities in 14 counties may
- participate in the Greenway land use planning program,
- receive assistance from Greenway staff, and
- access our grant programs
The Hudson River Valley Greenway is seeking an Executive Director to replace retiring Director, Scott Keller. See here for more information.